What will you do?
You will join our team of developers who are responsible for internal application development. We carry out the development for CRM and for Kentico Experience on our websites and portals.
What would your role entail?
You will spend a large chunk of your time taking care of development, as well as sometimes helping us with improving and testing systems.
We will keep you on your toes—if you’re not implementing search solutions to incidents in CRM, you might be integrating Kentico Experience and Dynamics or looking for ways to implement single-sign-on on our website. We will always aim to match your experience with what new areas you would like to explore.
What’s the team like?
Currently, we are a three-member team of experienced and enthusiastic developers.
We are agile and work in weekly sprints. We have created our own system with the aim of:
- Having the most codes under automatic tests
- Having the most applications running automatically
- Having the best monitoring of the systems
We are looking for someone to help fulfill these targets and improve those areas that are of interest to you.
What will you enjoy?
- You gain a better perspective of the business and technical side of things, and can focus on what interests you. Your role is diverse—from the web to back-end integrated systems.
- You will work directly with the Technical Leader, Michal Vrana, who has been with Kentico for over 12 years. Just like you, Michal started as a Developer but managed to climb up to his current managerial position relatively quickly. He has been the Technical Leader for the last 9 years. He is happy to share his experience and help you move forward in your position.
- We are open to new ideas and innovations to improve the operation of the company. We are not dogmatic about our assignments—if it makes sense, we throw our own initiative into the mix.
Is it you?
- You know C# well and have some experience with other object-oriented languages.
- We use modern technology such as MS Azure, GIT, Dynamics 365, PowerApps and SalesForce. It would help if you were familiar with some of these but if not, we would be happy to teach you.
- Although not essential to the position, it would be an added bonus if you knew information systems.
- How about English? Although we do not require you to be a native speaker, it is essential that you have a good command of written English for the purposes of troubleshooting. At Kentico, we offer English lessons to help you bridge the gaps in your English.
Ideally, we are looking for someone to join us full-time. But we are flexible and willing to work out a solution that benefits us all, such as part-time.